Sunday, September 05, 2010

Park Celebration


We went to Baker Park in downtown Frederick this afternoon, it was the first day its been below 90 in who knows how long, it actually felt a little like fall! I told Ian I felt like Baker Park is Central Park in a small town. It has a nice winding path that goes all throughout the park. We passed baseball fields, volleyball, lake, river, play areas, people stretched out on blankets, everything you could think of that is iconic for central park, just on a smaller scale. It was wonderful. Lucy had a great time too, she LOVES to take walks, and that is an understatement! Sometimes we take 4 walks a day!

We were celebrating that we have 'family day sundays' now, as I'm sure most of you have heard I have a new job.....Stay at home mom! Thats right, even though I was working only one day a week, Ian has been working SO hard at TWO jobs, and that is an understatement. If we're really honest about how much he works, he probably works 14-15 hours on most days, minus commuting. We hardly ever see each other, but he does make it home in time to see Lucy every day. However, he spends most sundays working on his website and podcast so he can take care of Lucy on mondays. He has been doing really well lately at his business, Essential Tennis online tennis instruction. He needs more time to work on that, and that brings us back to Family Day Sundays! Which I've always loved. For a long time that has been Ian and my only day of the week together since he works Saturdays, and now Lucy will grow up with family day Sundays too! Thats not to say we'll be riding easy with me staying home, its a sacrifice and we are going to try really hard to make it work. We hope and pray that Ian's business keeps doing well so we can do what's best for our family. I also hope to get my Bradley classes going soon, so I can contribute a little as well. In the meantime, I'm looking for ways to save money at home and get really creative making a lot of things myself!
Anyway, I know everyone reads blogs to look at pictures, so here's some more pictures from our first reunion of family day sunday!


Check out that red hair for all you who doubted!


Lucy sporting her new do, the classic combover.



Checking out all the other kids at the playground. My mom likes to call her inspector Lucy, I think she's going to have life all figured out by the time she can walk....she loves to watch everyone!

No comments: